PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Wealthy businessman attacked a helicopter"
Old 3rd Aug 2010, 20:17
Plain Torque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defending Chopjock

When they say an accident is a chain of events I think it is extremely fortuitous that a serious accident, including fatalities, didn't occur at the end of this one. Retrospect is a fine thing and I wonder if there were lots of times when the chain could have been broken earlier? Certainly the easiest would have been if Jafari had taken the registration and followed the lawful complaints procedure, he is so very lucky he didn't get killed or even worse.

In defence to chopjock though at no time did he say "he was there" or mention the words "calm sense". I think he was just speculating and it is being taken out of context. I think it is good to discuss things with an open mind - see the big picture as my Uncle used to say! I could see a lot of people reacting the way chopjock described? Unfortunately we are a spectrum and this man is towards the far end of the spectrum... problem is there are some that are even further over than him!!! I guess as pilots we should be prepared to deal with people like this either on the ground or in the back of our aircraft. Anyone got any ideas how I might plan for that one?

PT

PS I can't believe it made the national 6 o'clock news, then again it was followed by a story on snails, must have been a slow day for news. (no pun intended of course)