PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2010, 19:07
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lotpax:

I accept Wiggy's input, but have to ask why would you expect it to be any other way after a dispute that has being going on for nearly 9 months?

The management has played hard ball with staff travel, the union is playing hard ball back and the whole performance is doing ther airline harm.
This approach is why BASSA is on the extreme weak end of the dispute, and they simply refuse to learn lessons.

"What would I expect after 9 months?".

Let's be serious here. If after 9 months I was on the receiving end of an absolutely failed strike, an entity that was now more empowered to make future strikes irrelevant, with a City that has increased their backing of my employer, tens of thousands of co-workers that are determined that I not win, and a U.K. public that pretty much loathes me, I might say..."I need to present a more serious side to counteract all of this negative impression.".

But no, BASSA stays true to its reputation and issues a message asking for a safety review over CLOSING BLINDS!

Is there someone in the background of BASSA determined to make them look like a bad Panto?