PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE regulator to suspend BlackBerry services from October 11
Old 3rd Aug 2010, 18:39
flying lid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nolimitholdem replied

You have to be fcuking kidding, right? Or do you really think the world would be better off having a medieval, barbaric, unaccountable, juvenile, puerile and repugnantly hypocritical regime perring at, poring over, and "caring" for your data?!

God I absolutely cringe for the future when I read comments like this. Let me guess, you're quite happy to take advantage of the benefits of a society that at least ASPIRES to some modicum of freedom, whilst taking shots at those awful ol' Yanks and their technology. Tell you what, if you really feel strongly that the UAE would a "whole lot better", why don't you move to the Middle East and submit fully to their great system? You'll love it!
Bit of a strong reply !!. My previous post was just to remind everyone that even in the sunny (?) dales of Yorkshire "the powers that be" have the technology to gather ever increasingly amounts of communications data. Personal, Commercial, Governmental, the lot. The site at Menwith Hill gets bigger year on year.

I have been to both Dubai & Abu Dhabi, albeit for a very short time in an energy industry related "task". No, I would not like to live / work there, not one bit.

Apologies if I touched a raw nerve, though sometimes the truth hurts.

Lid