PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2010, 17:40
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go-around flaps 15, if it's so wunderbar in FR why then are people planning an exodus?
You are funny, my antelope-riding friend. You're like the media who make up a story and then quote their own allegations as evidence that the story has credence. It's already been shown that there is little or no truth in the rumour of a 'mass exodus'...

As for life in FR, in the short time I've been with the company I've met plenty of pilots who have been there for 10+ years. That doesn't prove anything. For some people, the old saying 'better the devil you know' is less a metaphor and more an uncomfortable reality. That said, you can earn a decent living, flying interesting routes, with FR. I really don't see the issue with 4 sector days? The rest of the world works 8 hour days. It certainly doesn't bother me.

If you see flying as a well paid sinecure and not a job, I cannot relate to your point of view. For some people a job with EK in the Middle East might be an attractive option. It sounds like it's not all bad news.