PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2010, 17:32
ant1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the government have decided that they be checked by social security GPs (rather than their own doctors), who found no grounds to justify a medical leave on something like 80% of the cases.
LH2, you really don't have a clue, do you? As I previously said to another poster, don't buy into the first story you hear.

In Spain only a Social Security doctor can send you home so they were sent home by SS doctors.

The government put pressure on those doctors (just like some companies put pressure on us on fuel issues, etc.) to revoke their decisions. After that, the Gov went on saying that if they could not stand the pressure maybe they should have their medical revoked. Cinism at its best.

Dusthog, the full approach at night is a consequence of the "Italian sentence to jail" (again do your homework). After that sentence the concerned Spanish ATCO's have tried to get -to no avail- a written answer on whether they are allowed to give visuals at night from the Spanish authorities.

That night we lowered ourselves to a level of Spanish ATC and I´m not proud over it.
I agree with you, you shouldn't be proud. I don't agree though that you lowered yourselves to the level of Spanish ATC. In Spain there's a saying: each one performs to his own standards (the ones that reflect who they actually are).

Mc Nutty, the biggest buffon around here is you but I guess it takes all kinds to make a world.