PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Look at what BA are up to....
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2010, 17:29
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called BA on behalf of a close friend who for compassionate reasons (genuine) needed to change the inbound sector on a Premium Economy long haul. These are people who as a family have spent over £50,000 per annum with the airline over the last few years and two of whom are Gold Card holders.

Because it was discounted (a published fare, not a special offer, consolidator, or ID ticket) the fare rule stated that the fare had to be recalculated at the full applicable fare from the point of origin. As it happens the outbound portion was a full 'W' class fare, but they chose to apply the most restrictive condition from origin to destination, even though the rule didn't state that this had to be the case (some do) and they could have used discretion and appplied it only to the inbound leg.

My request to speak to a supervisor was met with an obstructiveness and arrogance bordering on rudeness and only through being tenacious was I able to do so. He was as unyielding and unsympathetic as his underling.

This time, they've got their few hundred pounds. There won't be any more going their way. When I told the supervisor this I was told that 'that is a choice that you are entitled to make'.