PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fed up with this career
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2010, 15:33
MagicTiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was not trying to be harsh! cabinready with first post, and bemoaning the P2F pilots, or the pilots who have to pay for their TR to get a job, quite a few of them on these forums.

The established generation did get their TR's and fairly good T & C's when they joined the airlines, or got their break into the industry.

However the situation today has become desperate for wannabes, who also invest thousands in CPL/ME/IR/MCC + + hours!

You had pilots example in SAS, who refused to retire when they reached they planned retirement age, meaning younger pilots lost their jobs in the company. They had top salaries and even greater pensions, nothing compared to what anyone today will be able to get.

Then you have the pilot's who allowed the P2F to happen, it was ok for the ones in their safe jobs already, because it did not concern them, or did it? Maybe their safe job, no longer so safe because of the recession and hard times, suddenly pilots with plenty of TT, and even time on type, but can't get a job as FO anymore, because the airlines now rather want a wannabe, low hours, low experience and willing to pay them 28.000 Euros for TR, and some even pay for line training.

Now is there any reason that pilots unions could not have said NO, we will not accept this P2F pilots, because this will undermine our career progression, and possible future employment chances!

I would today consider a pilot lucky if he only gets bonded for training and TR, so yes the established generation did get something for free, that todays wannabes probably never will get.

Todays situation is, overpay for your TR, get peanuts paid, and maybe unemployed next month!
Some of us might NEVER get a job, even after investing thousands, thats the chance we take.

But I guess the pilots unions did not care to much about protection the future pilots T & C's. I still feel that somehow the P2F could have been limited.

My reaction for the troll, is that there are so many of these threads, complaining about P2F, but fact is nobody ever did anything about it when they could have, now it is to late, unless it proves to be a security/safety risk!