PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fed up with this career
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2010, 15:01
cabinready

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im sorry but im not a troll. I just feel frustrated with the career that ive chosen and have always wanted to do. I feel quite helpless at times because I feel trapped. Ive paid huge sums of money to do this career and trained hard; ending up flying a modern biz jet. However, the TCs dont reflect this and the fact that my roster is non existant, Im practically on call 24-7 really rubs the issue in, the wife expects that she and the family comes first (rightly so) although very difficult at times. An office admin guy earns more than I do and hes only working 9 to 5 monday to friday; I on the other hand regularly work 16 hour days but only fly for a couple of those hours. I would like to work for an airline however I seem to be trapped between the 2 systems, im not a 20 year old cadet with only 200hours nor am I a seasoned airline pilot flying JAR25 aeroplanes. Any suggestions folks? Or should I just jack the whole thing in and work for a company that produces office stationary or toilet paper and enjoy my "structured" time off with the family?

Its just so difficult to walk away from a career that youve put everything into not just the financial aspects. I dont want to be trapped like this when im 50.