PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining a FAA ATP asap!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2010, 14:54
Malc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non US Nationals/Citizens obtaining FAA rating.

I recently did a JAA ATPL and FAA ATPL (April 2010). In addition to everything mentioned below, I also needed to get AFSP (Alien Flight School Program) authorisation from the FAA before starting the training as I'm not a US citizen or national getting an FAA rating. You may fall into the same criteria.

Details here https://www.flightschoolcandidates.g...e=c&section=FQ

"Persons seeking flight training must submit a request if they are not citizens or nationals of the U.S. and:

They wish to receive flight training in the U.S. or its territories, regardless of whether training will lead to an FAA certificate or type rating;
and/or
They wish to receive flight training from an FAA-certificated facility, provider, or instructor that could lead to an FAA rating whether in the U.S. or abroad."

Once you have TSA confirmation that TSA has accepted your documentation (it took 12 days for me), then you need to get pay to fingerprinted and get this part approved by TSA. Fingerprint sites are shown at TSC

The email from TSA was clear that training wasn't permitted until all the above had been completed. Authorisation took 5 days from the time the fingerprints were received by TSA.

Your training provider will need to provide some information for the initial completion of the TSA/AFSP application.

Hope this is of help.