PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lancaster accident
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2002, 16:18
pigboat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The ex-chief pilot of the company I used to work for is retired and lives in YXU, where the CWH has its hangar and where the Lancaster accident occurred. He hadn't heard a pep about it until I contacted him. He's going to do a little snooping, and I'll keep everyone posted. There's nothing on their site about it either www.warplane.com/

The Weeks Lancaster is still in pieces in storage, last I heard. (About a month ago) It has been described as 'a long term project.' If anybody can restore it, Weeks can. The money and effort that he used to get the place up and running again after the devastation sowed by hurricane Andrew was nothing short of amazing. Here's his site www.fantasyofflight.com/

Finally, about the Halifax. This is probably old information, but the RCAF is restoring a Halifax - unfortunately not to flying condition - at CAF Trenton. It was recovered from a Norwegian lake some years ago, where it had crashed during the latter stages of WWII. There are a few sites dedicated to the aircraft, but the two best are www.hedgehoghollow.com/ipms/halifax and www.halibag.com/