PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2010, 11:38
SwissRef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upon researching this further imagine my surprise when I discovered that humans have been using SHADE to do this since time began.
And then I looked around on a hot day and saw my cats, and dogs, and lots of other animals all doing the same thing.

It got me thinking - how did all those animals conduct the necessary trials, and H&S assessments before they used the shade to keep cool? Perhaps they went on strike, but God (the evil nasty one) bust their union and forced them to use the shade to keep cool?

On a more serious note - in my office we use the shades to cool the office in the heat of the day. We have AC units, but they struggle if we let the sun in. And given on my floor there are 150 people, all with 1 or 2 computers, each with 4 or 8 screens, plus photocopiers, large plasma screens, fridges, coffee machines etc. And we have control of the blinds - not in my job description to close them, and never done a H&S assessment on it, but I will close them if necessary, or if people further away from the controls ask.