PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need some numbers about aircrafts performances...
Old 3rd Aug 2010, 07:19
zesheriff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some numbers about aircrafts performances...

Hi everybody.

I'm training ATCOs at Paris CDG airport (no comment about my "failure" in that, I'm not the only one doing it here ), and as I'm trying to update the lesson on aircrafts performances, I'd like to have pilots feedback.

The problem is that the figures I can find are purely theoretical, with MTOW, N-1 engines, etc, whereas what I need are what happens daily : your don't always take off with MTOW and/or an engine failure, you have cost indexes to follow, some specific company procedures...

I know the IANS database, which is useful (Aircraft Performance Database V2.0), I have my own experience, which helps too... But I'd like to have pilots feeds on this...

Could you for example provide me (with your type of aircraft of course ), what you daily perform :

Departing aircraft :
- the runway length you need (and what's the minimum/maximum you may need if you are really light/heavy)
- average VR, average V2 (and what's the minimum/maximum etc)
- initial rate of climb for noise abattement procedure (ie 3000ft at CDG), then until 10,000ft, (and the maximum we could ask you if light/heavy)
- the speed you usually take to climb until FL200, with the rate of climb...

Arriving aircraft :
- rate of descent average/maximum with a speed of 250kts, 220kts, 200kts, 180 kts, even 160kts... (I know your minimum rate of descent, it's called "level"... )
- maximum speed to intercept a LLZ, a glide
- average minimum approach speed (and what's the minimum/maximum you may need if you are really light/heavy, if there is some crosswind, etc)
- average runway length needed...

And any other thing that you may think helpful...

Thank you to grant me some of your precious time, just think that we will have returns in a better atco service... (or at least we'll try ! )