PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett Cabin Crew?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2010, 07:14
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never worked for Ansett, so please excuse an inaccuracy...

For a time after Ansett merged its subsidiary airlines into the mainline operation in the early-mid nineties, cabin crew operated in either Group 1 or Group 2 crewing pools. Group 1 was 767, 727, 320, 737. Group 2 was F28, F50, 146.

I believe Perth base was separate again. They may(?) have operated the 737 (WA flying) in addition to the Perth based F28s and 146s until fully merged into the mainline operation.

Eventually, all domestic crew operated all domestic aircraft. This may have been after the retirement of the F28 and 727 fleets.

With respect to the 737 jumpseats, there was three configurations for the rear galley. The original -377 aircraft had 1 jump seat at L2 and two jumpseats at the last rows of seats (originally last row - RHS, then changed to the two aisle seats for the last row). The -33As had at least two different rear galley layouts. Some (maybe just one - CZT?) had a full galley across the back. Others had a galley unit on either side forward of Doors 2 and the toilers on either side aft of doors 2. The latter configuration had a double jumpseat at L2 and one in the cabin, I think.

Last edited by ditzyboy; 3rd Aug 2010 at 10:41.