PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2010, 21:47
Joe Black

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent thread going here guys - wish I had bothered to take note and utilised this 9 years ago when I initially applied to NATS! Back in 2001 I got to stage 2 of the process;from what I remember I passed aptitude tests at the first stage then got invited to computer based tests and 2 interviews at the 2nd stage - pretty sure I failed the interviews as I failed to prepare.

Nine years later I am now re-applying having gained a lot of experience in aviation in different roles - I am hoping that this experience will give me a good platform to build on but there will certainly be no lack of prep going in. I'm fairly happy with the maths side of things assuming that they are fairly basic SDT calcs! In terms of ATC knowledge, I have read the PDF on the web-site and familiarised myself with CAP493 and some other docs I've got my hands on; could anyone with recent experience confirm if this is worthwhile or is it a bit of overkill at this stage? Any help would be gratefully appreciated as I just want to do myself justice this time as I can accept it if I don't have the aptitude but not because I was ultimately lazy.