PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 2nd Aug 2010, 16:14
dmp298

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PCCC

HiFlyer and all other PCCC reps,

I think that what you are doing is a great idea and I genuinely admire you for what you have done so far. However, until at least one figure head removes him or herself from anonymity, I think that your organisation struggles to gain real credibility. I'd love for you to succeed but I feel that unless someone stands up to BASSA publicly, proving that there is no shame in being associated with an alternative point of view, the PCCC will never really "get airborne". More likely, BASSA will continue to be the main union for cabin crew, albeit with some new (and hopefully more moderate) reps (which actually I don't see as a bad thing at all if it can hold real credibility with the majority of crew).

Just my humble opinion of course - and I understand the pressure you are under - but I feel a real, visible leader is needed here to dispel all of the negative propaganda that BASSA spurt (including about the PCCC).

Best of luck anyway with what you set out to achieve!!