PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Test flying the Hughes/MD 500 and H-6 Series. Request for info.
Old 2nd Aug 2010, 15:37
500 Fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Test flying the Hughes/MD 500 and H-6 Series. Request for info.

I am currently carrying out research for a proposed book. The subject of the book is the history of the test and prototype versions of the Hughes/MD/Boeing family of H-6/Model 500 helicopters. I am hoping to cover everything from the very first YOH-6 through to today's Boeing AH-6X and AH-6i versions. As well as the testing carried out for the various production models, numerous prototypes were tested that never made it into production, as well as numerous test ships that flew with NASA and others testing all sorts of innovative rotorcraft technology. I have been fortunate enough to have made contact with a number of Hughes/MD test pilots and they have supplied me with a huge amount of valuable information. I am posting this topic seeking to make contact with anyone, pilots or engineers, who were involved with testing and developing the various H-6/Model 500 prototypes, test ships and production versions with Hughes and MD from 1963 onwards. Any assistance that anyone directly involved with the testing of the H-6/H500 can offer would be greatly apprecited and would be a huge help towards the success of this project. One person in particular that I am trying to make contact with is Gene P. Munson. If anyone has an email address for Gene and thinks he might be able to help, I'd really like to make contact with him. I have been supplied with one email address for Gene but I don't know how current it is.

I have already posted this request on the "Just Helicopters" Forum. If anyone can suggest any other American helicopter forum where this request could be posted, please let me know. Thanks.

500 Fan.