PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines: Return Of The Jedi
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2010, 15:25
hongkongfooey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Le rhone, most of your post is ( unfortunately ) spot on, except :

For pilots HKA offers DEC and very rapid command for F/O's
Yes, I know people that were offered rapid commands at HKA, not many pilots consider 3-4 years to be rapid. HKA/Hainan ( read SE Asia forum ) are a pack of liars, and that was before singa snakes, I doubt anyone will trust them again, except maybe F/Os that are offered DEC

They also offer bases in a number of European/Australian and American cities or even HK should you wish!
Bases only useful to people that can live in the aforementioned countries, and to live in Australia on HKA wages and Australian tax, well, you would be better off on unemployment benefits, at least then you would get decent medical

however they have MUCH deeper pockets than Oasis ever had
Yes, well its easy to have deep pockets when you have government handouts and don't pay your airport charges.

Rightfully said... Heard KA "training and checker" has already joined HKA on the A330 fleet
Absolute BS to my knowledge, although maybe one of the sacked KA guys has gone there. No TIRE in his right mind would leave KA for HKA, for what ? a 50% paycut, crap staff travel, crap medical, no 13th month etc etc etc oh, and no future