PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continental TurboProp crash inbound for Buffalo
Old 2nd Aug 2010, 15:22
big d1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DownIN3Green

I do not claim to be, nor try to be an expert. I leave that to the "experts".

I was not claiming to "know" what happened. The NTSB have written down in their final report what they think were the probable cause of the crash. I was just repeating what they found. The action of the crew was the main cause of this crash. Our company following this accident mad all Q400 pilots carry out a stall exercise based on what happened that night. If flow correctly it is recoverable.

This is the Colgain air crash thread. Therefore when talking about the facts we are going to end up talking about the crew. We would have all liked it to have been different but there is no getting away from the facts. It is up to someone else to decide if the find these "enjoyable". I was just stating some facts not trying to upset or remind the crew's family of what happened that night. This is a thread to gain knowledge from and exchange views. Emotion should be put to one side.

I wish the family of the crew all the best for the future and would not wish their situation on anyone. What I do hope is that we, myself included learn from what happened that night and hopefully prevent the same thing happening again with such terrible loss of life, crew and passengers and people on the ground included.