PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2010, 15:06
cliffnemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Return Of The Prodigal Son ?

Sorry I haven’t answered any questions recently, but initially I thought I would have a rest while so many interesting items were being posted, and lately after an hour or so on my computer I have had an eye problem. This resulted in a feeling as if my eyes were full of sand. Hopefully this problem will be overcome during the next week.

First of all I wish to add to all your messages wishing Reg a speedy recovery.. Get well quickly Reg, but take it easy until you are fully recovered
On some modern types when the hydraulics are off for a while the flaps droop. Can you remember, when arriving at a Lancaster prior to flight, were the flaps typically up or had they drooped down?

kook bat

Adam .As far as I know the flaps were always up whilst ‘on the dispersal.’ Only twice did the engineer alter flaps.. After take off on the command ‘flap in by five’ and on final check before switching off engines when engineers final check included raise flaps. I think that if we had arrived at ‘dispersal’ and found the flaps down, we would have informed ‘Chiefy’.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Cliff, wherefore at thou?
A bit concerned, are things OK, Cliff?
We could do with an update on what responses you had with trying to contact Cherman vebsites!!
Yes Kevin I’ m O.k thanks for inquiring . My P.M to you has hopefully explained.

With regard to the German exercise nothing positive emerged , although I received quite a few pleasant replies I have a distinct feeling they felt they might get a ‘rough ride’, despite my assurance that this is very friendly thread , that we were kindred spirits., and could interpret their posts. However I know the feeling well. Only a ‘clot’ would stick his neck out and say where the flaps were sixty years ago. (Or Pilot Officer Prune).
-------------------------------------------------------------------