PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Interview Technical Questions
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2010, 13:02
Heliskier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Despite still waiting for that elusive first airline interview, I would have to say that I have to agree with Kerling-Approsh KG. I have had several technical aeronautical interviews for university courses, as well as RAF interviews which although not being technical do follow a similar method of questioning. The whole point of the approach that Kerling is advocating is that it is an extremely effective way of seeing whether a candidate knows anything beyond the headline answer to the first question. As pointed out, bulls****ing is a massive no-no and for those days when you really can't remember the correct answer to "explain the effect of flap on the take-off roll" the best thing to do is to be honest that you cannot jump to the correct solution straight away and then work through to the answer. The interviewer is far more interested in seeing whether you can think than whether you know the MTOW of a certain aircraft. If I was already experienced on the type that I was being interviewed for then I would expect some random facts to crop up too. Mike CR, do you not want to be selected based on whether you have a sound technical understanding of the generic principles of operating an aircraft and cannot see that this would in some way be very advantageous to an airline pilot?