PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2010, 11:01
Bokkenrijder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go-around flaps 15, if it's so wunderbar in FR why then are people planning an exodus?

My only point is that EK in particular or the Middle East in general is not a very realistic alternative for people who want to improve their life. Either improve life in FR (next to impossible due to union-busting fence sitters like yourself!), move to a good European company or perhaps consider a company like Cathay Pacific for those wanting an ex-pat experience.
BTW, despite the image they want to put on, EK is no CX, not by a loooong shot!

Here's what a FR colleague of yours wrote. These are his words, not mine:
Consider this: european FR pilot working 900hrs a year and making as a captain what an F/O makes in EK, without pension, without loss of licence,without healthcare, based 2/3 hours flight time away from home (maybe in an eastern european Baltic base or at the far south bottom of Europe),without tickets for his family, having to pay for uniform/ID/medicals/SIMS/hotels, forced to accept paycuts in case he gets the base of choice, forced to accept paycuts in case he upgrades to the left seat and other very civilized and democratic practices...
In all fairness, FR and U2 are not the worst low-cost companies to work for (when compared to Wizzair, Vueling etc) so it's best to stay put before selling the house, the car moving the family for a similar job/company in Dubai where you have even less workers rights than in that 'frecking' Irish outfit!

Have a look at those Youtube links that I posted earlier! Again, those are not my words, but this is the sentiment in EK. You'll always have some unhappy people in every company, whether it's BA, KLM, AF, LH etc, but when there are so many unhappy people posting on PPRuNe there must be something seriously wrong!

BTW, it's not my intention to slagg off FR! If someone is happy doing short haul low-cost working for MOL then nobody is putting a gun to their head to move to the desert. However, for those that are not happy doing 4 sector days until retirement (like I once was in Easy!) I would not recommend moving to Dubai or the Middle East.
The job, the fatigue, the company mentality are just too similar, it's just a bigger jet.