PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - so how do you get to fly offshore?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2010, 09:58
The Governor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are you looking? Which country? Which operators? Why would you want to?

If you must the only way is to be on the top of the CV pile after the offshore experienced, multi-crew, twin engine, instrument rated pilots have been hired. You need to get in touch with as many of the relevant people as possible (HR Manager, Chief Pilot, Flight Ops Manager, Flight Crew Manager) at the companies you want to work for on a regular basis.

Preferably you will have taken the time to meet some of them and asked for someone to show you round. That might allow you to meet the pilots there and then you can ask them about working conditions and establish those all important contacts.

You need as many people on the inside letting you know when and where vacancies might arise. It's all about networking I believe and who you know can be very important when it comes to upcoming positions.

You need to be improving you qualifications and experience whilst you're waiting for an opportunity to present itself. This allows you to resubmit your CV every few months as you are updating their records for them.

That's what I would do. But I'm on the inside looking out.