PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COPA insight
Thread: COPA insight
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2010, 09:52
ernestoj777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the only I know

hi there, i dont know if you have already done your whole hiring proces at COPA, i already did it, and as you said despite everything you can found on this place or anyother in the net, I can tell you that if you got on it, they are gonna make you sign a contract for 3 years, in wich the last year is where you pay for your type rating (pay with working time) the bond is for 18000 dllrs, the first 3 months of training you are gonna get almost 2700 dllrs, and they gonna give you 3 months of staying at a hotel room, after you get done with the checkride you are gonna get a rise to 3500 incluiding what we call "viaticos" and that is for food and 800 dllrs of housing for 2 years, it used to be no limit on that but panamenian guys at the pilots union complain about it so its gonna be 2 years now, that money is for 63 flying hours after that you are gonna get payed 65 dllrs for each extra flight our and extra food time also (viaticos) the top of flight hours at Panama is 100 so do the math. i've heard that they are planning to get 40 birds up tp 2012 so moving for the left seat is not gonna take to much

let me tell you that is quite a nice place to live, and a great oporttunity to improve a career, you are gonna get endorsed with 2 of the state of the art planes right now the E190 and te B738NG, and the city is a great place to rise a side bussines so you might take the flying thing just for a hobby, and the girls and night life and so well....what can i tell... I hope you've had luck in the whole proces.