PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Aug 2010, 22:58
Colonel White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LD12986

Spot on. However, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a reply. In one of Mr Holley's missives to his adoring public, he did intimate that a branch meeting was subject to the outcome of a meeting between the Unite leadership and BASSA. This same meeting was dependant on the talks at ACAS between the Unite leadership and BA management. So...whatever comes out of the ACAS talks, will colour the approach that the Unite leadership might take. My guess is that there will be some pretty hardball conversations. Messrs Woodley and Simpson will need to work out whether to support BASSA one more time, or to call it a day and, as in the last dispute, sign a deal over the heads of BASSA. This latter course of action may turn certain members incandescent with rage, leaving them with no option but to leave the union or call for wildcat acton which will get them sacked. The ball is firmly in Unite's court. Unless they can find a really strong cause to rally the rank and file, they are dead in the water. BA have been very careful not to give the union that strong cause.