PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 1st Aug 2010, 21:15
iyigit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil THY q&a's

Hey guys,

I am a THY captain, currently resigning for flydubai. Let me try to answer your questions about rosters, accomodation, and so on...

You are going to have 7 days off a month. Most probably, 2 double off-days consequtive, remaining 3 single. The duty-time is 14 hours and the company chooses to plan 4 legs of flight with almost 14 hours of duty-time. That is you fly a domestic route, come back to Ist, hang around a couple of hours, do another domestic route, or a short international route. After that 14 hours, you are going to have rest for 12 hours and go for anouther round next day. In another case, 5-days of stay-over in domestic destinations, ( I mean not riviera destionations like Antalya, or Izmir, or Bodrum, but eastern inland destionations, like Ankara, Diyarbakir, almost nothing to do) with 4 leg of flights a day. It is very tiring...

Istanbul is a brilliant city, but very crowded, traffic is a jam 24 hours a day.

I have no idea about the selection process. But I can assure the sim selection is done in a subjective manner...

Details on request.

Have fun...