PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2010, 20:38
samotnik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2. Are they obviously on a break? How can you tell? If they are should they be joining in with the whole circus?
Are you an ATCo? If you're not - believe me - they are going to join this cirus as long they are on a break. I belong to a completely different culure, but if I were them, I would.

3. Which means 2/3 to a 1/2 do turn around and pay more attention to what's going on behind them than they are to there job.
As long as you're not an ATCo, don't judge them. If they are just to turn around for a moment - it's no problem. Not every situation on a radar screen requiers a constant attention.
5. Does it matter if your sector is quiet?
Yes, it does.

If you are only controlling one aeroplane is that less likely to have an emergency or need your help?
Does it? I can guarantee that this aircraft didn't need controller's assistance. No ATCo, all over the world, would ever take their sight off of the screen in case of any aircraft needing their assistance in case of any emergency.

6. One person saying hello is more distrurbing than what looked and sounded like a bunch of chimps fighting over a banana? Really?
You're obviously not an ATCo. You've never worked as an operational ATCo in a big ops room and you should not express your opinions until you'll get some experience on this.

Last edited by samotnik; 1st Aug 2010 at 21:21.