PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Aug 2010, 17:04
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Duggie Fashion
The evidence Mr Bunker that VCC's are vulnerable to having their jobs taken by agency staff, is at every UK base that BA has closed down.

I see at British RyanAirways a lot of flight crew there are agency supplied. That is the future. What a great idea!
No Duggie,

That's what happened when bases closed down, not when staff temporarily re-deployed to other parts of the business to assist (indeed, as has been pointed out here before, many of these staff are still doing their day jobs as well as VCC). This is what I mean about the lack of facts and scaremongering. You'd be well advised to speak to your local RyanAir oracle on CrewForum about how the Brookfield agency works for flight crew (you know the one, the ex cabin-crew member rabble-rousing on there at any opportunity). I think your idea of agency pilots is half-formed from the notion that one could legally just pick up a passing pilot and plonk them in the seat. It's not a BA arrogance thing, it's a regulatory thing. Look into it and you'll see that whilst it ostensibly might form a future employment pattern the hurdles that have to be jumped (unlike the VCC courses) present a massive barrier. You are, to coin the age-old phrase, comparing apples with oranges.

Try again, and bring an actual comparable fact or two, would you?

MrB

Last edited by MrBunker; 1st Aug 2010 at 17:15.