PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A question fron an SLF to CC
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2010, 14:49
lucavigg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A question fron an SLF to CC

Okay, it's total honesty time.

I appreciate the hard work of CC these days, especially now that airlines are feeling the pinch and trying to cut costs etc. I certainly couldn't do the work that these people do and I'm happy to travel in the knowledge that they are there.

I was recently on a long haul flight and the crew were having to deal with more than the usual amount of special requests, asking for additional drinks, pillows, blankets etc etc etc. It seemed that halfway through the flight, the crew looked totally shattered and they seemed to have spent a long time on their feet and a long time dealing with some obnoxious passengers.

We didn't hit any turbulence, but the Fasten Seat Belts signs went on and the chief came on the PA asking passengers to return to their seats as we may be hitting turbulence.

We were like this for about 45 minutes, the flight had not hit any turbulence and some passengers started complaining that the crew had done it just to get a break.

I didn't really mind why the signs went on and didn't feel put out or angry by it. I appreciate the fact that sometimes you just have to stop and get your breath back. However, it made me curious.

My question is this. And all I ask is total honesty.

Have you ever crewed a flight were a decision was made to put on the seatbelt signs in order to give the crew a well deserved break?

Thanks

Luca