PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair wants to sell tickets to STAND UP and fly
Old 1st Aug 2010, 14:17
lucavigg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking of boarding scrum. I was once on a flight from Stanstead to Ciampino. People rushed to the front and rear doors of the Ryanair plane. I was waiting patiently at the back to board, walked calmly to the rear door to find passengers packed in like sardines in the seats close to the exit. A quick glance forwards also had the passengers packed in at the front of the plane near the door.

I simply walked on, went to the middle of the plane and found about two or three completely empty rows. I got a window seat with no one sitting next to me. Some late arrivals did take up four of the remaining eleven seats but apart from that I had masses of space.

And some of those people crammed in at the front and back paid extra for advanced boarding.

Having said that, you get what you pay for with Ryanair these days and having seen a few interviews with Mr OL, I won't be giving him any more of my money anytime soon.