PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France - Edinburgh to New York JFK via Paris
Old 1st Aug 2010, 13:48
lucavigg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be very careful with connections at CDG. Depending on the terminal, they can take a while.

We were travelling Air France to JFK from London via CDG. The connection time was 55 minutes. We were met at the plane by a scissor lift bus which took us to the terminal. It lifted us down from the plane, then lifted us up very slowly to the terminal building. All very stylish and French, but not very practical.

By the time we changed terminals and got to the gate, the scissor lift bus taking passengers out to the plane had already left and the gate was closed. Becuase they were using these busses to take passenger out to the plane, the gate was closed that much earlier.

We had to wait four and a half hours for the next plane. When we got on the plane, the final slap in the face was to be told that we would be delayed 45 minutes departing as we had to wait for connecting passengers.

Apart from all that I found the AF cabin crew to be amongst, not only the rudest and most obnoxious crew I have ever met, but also the rudest and most obnoxious people I have ever met, and I've met some conservative MP's in my time! They seemed resentful at every single request by a passenger.

Sorry AF. Never again.