PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2010, 11:18
mrpony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update from Dorkan

Hi there everyone.

It's been a few days I know - we've been too busy updating our membership database to cast our eyes up into the forumosphere. Before we could start that huge task there was the little matter of cleaning all the jam and spilled tea off the thing not to mention the bread crumbs and butter welded to its dog-eared pages. The database has served as our toaster stand at home for several months. Anyway after I was reminded that the database also existed in virtual form on our computer I stopped all that but then remembered that I had inadvertently wiped the computer's hard disk clean last week after a few sherbets. My waistline continues to expand! Never mind though as it had been stored on a floppy that I thoughtfully sellotaped to the fridge door at union HQ and a quick phone call later it was winging its way to me via messenger. Having reloaded the information I was gratified to note that as of the last update 99% of memberships at that time were valid. Since then nothing much has changed although there is a huge pile of inbox-related membership retraction administrative input work outstanding. If we ever find the time following BA's unfair decimation and plundering of our Union infrastructure. Wee Willie and his bunch of diddy henchmen will not win this war and if they do then we will make sure that all the people sitting on this side of the fence have a forlorn hope of Xmas strikes because that is far enough away to be truly meaningless. Remember we have fought for you all and never let the facts divert us from the one true path of Bassa righteousness. In that you can trust. Don't believe those saying that it can't be right that only 3500 have lost Staff Travel whilst over 7000 have applied for strike pay. BA will say and do anything to distort the figures and it is not for them to reason why or how or who did and didn't strike. It is up to us to tell them and everyone else what we think is right. I think you'll agree. We'll be back to you as soon as Lizanne has returned from her holidays. Off to feed the tomatoes now.

Dorkan