PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Q400's for QF Link..
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2010, 09:53
Gen. Anaesthetic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AIPA

badboiblu

Some background: I have joined AIPA out of curiosity really. I have little recent involvement or background with the industry and AIPA/AFAP so I joined with the intent of getting a better understanding of how they work, what they think etc'. I have met various members of the COM as well as the Pres.

Others may disagree but from the discussions I have had, my impression of AIPA is that they are really considering the big picture view as the most important consideration. What is best for all pilots and indeed the industry? A big and difficult question to ask, but without at least attempting to develop this vision the future is surely continued division which I am sure we would all agree is the least desirable outcome.

Sure there's some history with AIPA but from what I can see there is a constant evolution going on as the organisation changes with the times. So to me it seems reasonable to suggest that past behaviour is in the past. Indeed the conversations I have had with these people suggest that this is true, and there have been several suggestions from these AIPA people that I have spoken to that it is only a matter of time before Qantaslink operate the C series or some other jet. So call me naive, but from what I can see they are not exclusively looking out for the mainline guys.

So while they have to play in multiple camps and defend the position of jetstar, mainline, Qlink and other pilots in seemingly conflicting circumstances, their view is always one of having to get the best overall outcome rather than simply looking out for one group. Of course this is easier said than done and it would be easy to criticise them for ultimately being ineffectual. To me though, what needs to be more effectively developed is that vision of what is the best overall outcome for all pilots.