PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Aug 2010, 09:08
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HiFlyer,

I genuinely feel your frustration and, at the risk of being pessimistic, I fear there is little solution left now but to sit back and see what the end game (as and when it arrives) will bring. I think you highlight a major point when you note that many seem to have adopted the "not my aisle" mentality. Would it be fair of me to say that, in general, crew are not the most confrontational of individuals (CrewForum etc notwithstanding) and as such, without the sure and certain knowledge of support from a large body of like-minded individuals, they aren't going to raise their heads above the parapet? I think the efforts made with the PCCC are laudable indeed and I hope they still bear some useful fruit in this current environment where it seems a good number of bets are being hedged.

I fear that, to be honest, however we're not going to see much change for now. Those that were minded to be persuaded have, I reckon, by now been so influenced. The rest are either entrenched in the Unite (well, BASSA) camp or are sat in the middle either waiting to see what happens or praying it all goes away. That's probably just human nature mind you.

But, it doesn't help when you deal with a number of people who shape their own reality to suit their desires. As I read somewhere once, you are entitled to your own opinions, but not to your own facts and that's the problem with BASSA. The reality is what the newsletter tells the membership and no other information will be entertained.

Is there a way out of that without the actual excision of such a core from the company? I don't know. I did hope so once upon a time, I'm now less and less certain.

Sad doesn't even begin to cover it.

MrB