PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pel Air vs RFDS for the Air Ambulance contract in Australia
Old 1st Aug 2010, 04:09
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks "DD" we are but a few

I'm not going to weigh in here too much about who's got the best training RFDS or anyone else but it's not just about training as such it's about checking thereafter where I think standards can slip. You can teach a monkey to fly a plane the way you want them too. Christ you don't need too much in the way of a formal education to do that even all the way up to an Airbus! It's when after some time out there in the real world where they really learn that the checking is so varied & at times just used to 'tick' the boxes. A pilots ability is only as good as the guy before him,meaning the instructor.
I think it's pretty well accepted that the RFDS have excellent C&T now especially with a B200 Sim available & the resources to train/check to a very high standard so that's where the main difference is compared to GA in general, what tools/money/ they have to do the job, there in lies the problem.
At the end of the day whom do you want to fly yr loved ones around when urgently needed? The RFDS whom do only that & for the longest time with the best resources or some operator whom has barely enough resources to do the task? No offense to those operators out there I understand it's not a level playing field to some degree I don't make the rules I just fly/live by them.

Wmk2