PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Perfect Model For Flight Training
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2010, 01:08
Paragon2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
response to madlandrover

Unfortunately your responce does come over as being rather negative.

If you look around you can find a twin for around £200k, besides it was merely an example. Try looking at the DA 42 or Tecnam for around £250/300k if you really want to splash out!

The principal still holds if there are 6 trainee pilots all willing to front up £75K.
Then as owners you could Instruct/Taxi work etc etc.

It seams as though you are opposed to any suggestions that might make life easier for someone joining the industry?

With reference to your comment about flight instructors already being paid for each flying hour "so the more students we can recruit the better things go" I could not agree more.
However it also applys that if a student has to re train for any reason "the better things go".
I have NEVER heard of re training for test being given to students due to poor Instruction somehow it is always the students fault. I am sure there are some poorer students but just as sure that there are some poorer Instructors.
For that same reason it is in the schools interest to add additional hours training or re training (at a cost to the student), whereas the model shown encourages the Instructors to get their students through first time because if the pass rate of the FTO increases then their customer base also increases, ergo the value of there ownership in the FTO increases.
Its basic psychology 101.
There is more incentive there.

As far as re inventing the wheel is concerned, Its called progress.
Otherwise all aircraft would still have wheels made of wood!