PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Q400's for QF Link..
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2010, 23:26
teggun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afraid I have to disagree with you on that point Going Boeing, as far as I can recall, the Qantas Regionals had a court case in progress with Australian/TAA, prior to this I think Air Queensland had already gained intergration into TAA and Airlines of NSW had gained intergration into Ansett.

So the precedent had been set, Qantas then purchased TAA, which became a fully owned subsidiary of Qantas, this is the excact same relationship the regionals had with TAA, a fully owned subsidiary.

At this time AIPA was only concerned about the jet side of things they formed the Y system seniority list, remember AIPA had a lot of clout at this time. (as most President's if they performed well ended up in Qantas management)

Qantas management wanted a smooth transition with the purchase of TAA ,so it wouldn't have been difficult for AIPA to insist the regionals become part of that intergration process for a W list instead of a Y list.

Believe me they provided no assistance in court or anywhere else for that matter to assist with the process.

Sorry but thats fact.