PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 31st Jul 2010, 22:50
AtlasDrawer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am really sick to the back teeth of this lot (BASSA) now. DH writes this tripe and it goes on the BASSA website, and people believe it. I have had enough of trying to reason with some strikers, as I realise I am getting nowhere (and have not for quite some time).

Its really starting to grate on me that a bunch of reps can desseminate this rubbish and demonise members of our BA community (non-strikers, WW, BF , BALPA etc etc) and there appears to be nothing done about it. I heard a crew member boast on a trip that they had only lost £270 in allowances and got £350 in strike pay from BASSA and this I found got right on my nerves.

Is something ever going to be done about the rubbish that they are spouting? I have a meeting with my manager in the next few day (over something else) and I am going to making my grievances heard.

There is a cross section of our workforce just going round doing as they please, with no comeback on them, plotting more and more strikes and the damage to the BA brand is being felt (look at the losses this quarter).

I come into work, and some people don't speak to me anymore (not that that bothers me) but I just think where is all this going to end? The divide in crew community is, I feel too large to repair at the moment and coming into work everyday is a bit of a grind at the moment.

Rant over.

AD