PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Terms and Conditions
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2010, 21:13
Fullback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am from the group near the top of the seniority list.

I have seen the airline grow from a Shed/Fokker operation into an airline now flying some of the most advanced equipment going.

We have become a major player in Europe and have now got world-wide recognition, our success and growth has been phenomenal.

I think our growth and sucess has taken everyone by surprise, not least management who now manage a pilot workforce of over 700 pilots... and many more to come.

BALPA recognition is still in its infancy compared to most other airlines, it will take a while for a mutual respect to grow. These are tough times for any airline at the moment but our model and business is succeeding, I hope that after guaranteeing survival of the business Exeter looks at its people and works to improve our conditions and working patterns.

I have progressed very quickly with the airline, it offers quick commands and opportunities to train far quicker than elsewhere.

At the end of the day getting home every night (ok 99% of the time) and living 10 minutes away from work (and London prices) is worth an extra 10 grand to me.

The future looks bright too, name another UK airline that has just put in a potential £5 billion order for new aircraft to 2017......

But that is just me, if it doesn't do it for you then go look elsewhere