PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Flight Training
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2010, 20:13
nightshadecrisis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Flight Training

Hi all!

I am brand new to this forum. I have searched quite a few different key inputs for answers before I am posting this.

I am an uprooted Finnish-American living in London who has told friends on a Friday night "I'm sorry, I can't hang out with you tonight, I am flying a 747-400 from Hong Kong to Jakarta (on flight simulator)"

I am finally in a position where I can start training for the PPL. I have looked around at a bunch of different programs around Greater London, and was hoping I might get some personal feedback to where any of you were able to get your flight training.

Ideally any recommendations for a school would be a place near enough to London that I could get to easily by train and foot (though I do have a driver's license I don't have a car, but am happy to walk up to 3 miles from the nearest train station if necessary!!)

It has been a dream of mine to fly and I'm extremely excited to finally be in a financial state capable of starting lessons. I guess my question is, does anybody have any recommendations for flight schools near London?

I would gladly be forwarded to another posting of similar questions if one exists. Thank you all very much!

-Evan