PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airmanship - a consideration
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2010, 20:09
Jan Olieslagers

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
@IO540: with all respect, I keep to my point of view: a responsible pilot will do a proper pre-flight and that's all. Point à la ligne.

If tomorrow meteo info is only available through smoke signals, any responsible pilot will learn to read those. I just hope these words will not bring bad inspiration...

I am willing to believe there was less sense of responsability in earlier days, when traffic was much less dense, and those who grew up in that mentality are unlikely to change it overnight. But that has nothing to do with internet litteracy.

BTW every a/d I have visited round here has a PC with internet access available to pilots, and there's generally someone around to help if required. Lack of internet ability is really not a proper excuse!

And I do insist dangerous or inconsiderate airmanship is more often seen from not-so-old people with big budgets and great planes than from humble gaffers. The one time I observed it - an antique biplane showing his acrobatics right through a cloud of descending parajumpers - the pilot was younger than myself, and a manager of a bizjet operation. Not an internet illitterate, I should think, neither unversed in air law, or so one should hope.

But I am really surprised at your point 3: as I read your words, any nitwit of a n___y could post a notam declaring a TRA around his place for next Sunday's family bbq - surely such postings must be validated by any kind of authority before being published? Really the UK must be a very different place!