PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2010, 18:04
John Blakeley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selective Quotations

Caz,

Everyone can play the selective quotations game - as examples:

Para 61: There were many potential causes of the accident and despite detailed and in depth analysis, the Board was unable to determine a
definite cause.

Para 67a: However, the Board concluded that the evidence regarding Flt Lt TAPPER'S preparations for IFR flight is insufficient to enable firm conclusions to be drawn and that he should not be criticised for any human failings during the flight planning stage of the sortie.

Para 67c: However, the Board could find no evidence that Flt Lt TAPPER had not approached and prepared for the sortie in anything other than a thorough and professional manner. The Board was unable to positively determine the sequence of events leading up to the accident, and therefore concluded that although it is likely that Flt Lt TAPPER made an Error of Judgement in the conduct of the attempted climb over the Mull of Kintyre, it would be incorrect to criticise him for human failings based on the available evidence.

Para 68: The Board concluded that there were no human failings with respect to Flt Lt COOK.

All part of the submission to AOC 1 Gp - so, not much here to lead to and support a "no doubt whatsoever" finding of Gross Negligence. And incidentally I am quoting from the conclusions - your selective quotes were from the investigatory comments - just a small point.

Still we now have the advantage that if MOD's TORs don't just limit his work to situating their appreciation Lord Philip can finally make the next full and independent assessment that this time MOD will not be able to ignore. In the meantime I will support the growing campaign for the Inquiry to be public and not private and I intend to submit my evidence under my own name. Will you?

JB