PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Message for Dr Fox
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2010, 16:51
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tallsar,

Why is it a standard assumption that when a baldrick has the temerity to suggest failings in his/her leaders abilities they are nothing more than embittered individuals with a chip on their shoulder

If you go take another look at my post the example used also has the phrase "the above is just one teeny weeny example" which seems to me to properly indicate the level of importance with which I rate it.

If you want an example of a more strategic financial cluster f"ck then look no further than the C130-J freight bay. Someone took out an off the shelf fully fit for purpose freight bay and decided we should re engineer it so that we could use an out dated side guidance system that we had hanging about and an aircraft winch that first saw service on the Beverley. I dread to think how many hundreds of thousands of pounds we wasted on that absolute non starter.

The phrase that I will always associate with military waste is "re inventing the wheel" which we seem to take to new highs as each year goes by. If someone could only calculate the man hours and cash wasted every couple of years when the new broom sweeps through on his/her way to the next location it would be an absolutely staggering figure

The new government have already said our procurement system is not fit for purpose yet we continue to have junior/senior officers involved in stuff they are simply ill equipped to deal with, it's no wonder civilian manufacturers absolutely take us to the cleaners.

Sorry but whilst the new government can be blamed for cutting back we have hardly been a shining example of how to spend wisely