PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French licence conversion to CAA UK
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2010, 15:19
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
To be honest through my eyes as an EASA B1 and C licenced Engineer, and also the holder of a CAA Licence, I do not see it as one Engineer being better than another, I have seen bad engineers holding licences the world over, and good ones having none.............

The reasoning I can see behind the Asian situation is, in the past they employed CAA licenced Engineers and were obviously happy with the "Standard or quality" of those Engineers they employed, therefore why change what you know to be a winning format, and with the change over they have simply continued to source their Engineers from the UK...... languages may also be an issue as well as, and before you ask I am not slagging off any other countries.........

Another one and perhaps a fundamental one and again, I am not having a go at any other countries, but the CAA play by the book, and where other countries would simply convert licences or approvals over to the EASA licence, the CAA will not, therefore to do electrical work a licenced engineer in the UK is required to sit those modules to bring their licences up to full none limited licences.....

Countries like Denmark possibly and maybe France I believe just issued licences with no limitation on and converted them straight across.... PLEASE CONFIRM THIS IF YOU KNOW.

Now I know those that have just recieved licences post EASA would have had to do all the courses to clear them, but those prior would not,

Therefore if I was seeking an engineer I would look at

One............ are they compatible with our old system IE the CAA one we previously used.

Two........... If they have a full licence have they actually completed the extra modules required to hold it and which country did......... UK

Three........... Do they have a full command of the language used in our facility............ English.....

Because there was not an even playing field on the issue of licences as I see it from what I know/ believe, there will be differences as to how those licences are perceived........... which is what we have in Asia.

Aztek I can understand not issuing a UK licence to a French licenced engineer or indeed any engineer in Europe, because if you have your licenced removed off you in say France for a serious error, then you could carry on certifiying on your UK one........ I think that is the reason you cannot hold 2.............. does not stop Doctors though