PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2010, 13:20
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a couple of points I wish to add my own comments to......(I know you all love me on Pprune!)

BE vs GR (??)

I agree with Coffin Corner....it would seem to me that a majority of people expect airlines who are not neccesarily based in the islands to bend over backwards for them regardless of the other 8 flights scheduled that day across the country. This should not be the case but BE do go out of their way its just customers do not know this because it all goes on behind the scenes.

Delays and reasons

In reality no matter how detailed your explanation is to a passenger, rarely is it good enough. Even if you answered every question thrown at you passengers now a days consider the cause to be an 'excuse' or often accuse you of telling lies.

Aurigny (oh, the title of the thread!)

GR are a good airline to fly with, I have used them on the interisland a few times and the flights have been full. I think the problem is that their prices seem fairly fixed? For example one particular month I was flying and every service GCIJER was £25.00 I think.......could this be where they are going wrong? Many airlines increase fares as the flight fills up. By charging a set fee island folk may be happy but could this be supporting Coffin Corners suggestion that the airline is operating on goodwill?