PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French licence conversion to CAA UK
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2010, 12:12
grafity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You seem to carry a lot of chips on your shoulder Matmax. Remember that those young w..k..s you refer too are the future of your airline and it's your job, along with all senior members of staff, to mentor them.
Why do they have access to Facebook at work? Simple solution is don't give them access to the internet. Give them manuals to study if they're bored.
There seems to be a lot of your type around that hate the sight of apprentices, they seem to forget that they were apprentices once themselves.

You complain about Aztecs level of English. My English isn't a 100%, and I'm sure Aztec doesn't profess to having 100% English either, but his proficiency seems to be a lot higher and his posts are a lot easier to understand than yours, so I wouldn't be so quick to cast judgement. You keep commenting on whether or not people understand French phrases, the reality I'm afraid, is that the Aviation language is English. An bhfuil tú ag cáint as gaeilge? Understand that? Do you care whether you do or not?

Anyway, to bring the thread back on track, it is a pity an EASA license isn't accepted as a standard over the world. It's a possibility though that it's as much a political/arrangement issue as it is a safety concern.

Just out of interest, what would be involved in getting FAA A&P license? I know a number of lads who have both EASA and A&P, don't know what was involved in it getting it though. Not only would you be able to apply for the Malaysian jobs but it may also open a lot of other doors you didn't expect. Just a thought.

Regards..