PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2010, 11:21
JayPee28bpr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs

The interesting number that BA has, but we don't, is how many people BA knows are in the Union who tried to sign and accept the deal. BA has released a number for those it knows are not in the Union and accepted. On even the most optimistic assumptions for the Union, non-Union acceptance appears to be at least 65%.

The other interesting number is that of individual strikers. I can't see anything to support the Unite number, given its known membership database problems. I'll ask you another financial question in this respect. Whether you believe the BA number of 5,000 or the Unite one of 6,500 and rising, what do you think Unite should be doing to ensure that it is not actually being defrauded out of 1,500x£30xstrike days by people claiming strike pay who did not strike. That's £45k per person/day much of which, I would remind you, has been diverted from elsewhere in the Union to pay it. Do you think your duty of care to your own members places you under a duty to seek explanation from the leadership as to the discrepancy? And what will you do when you get the inevitable fob off? Remembering that some of the stike pay is being met from income derived from non-BA cabin crew members of Unite.