PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Message for Dr Fox
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2010, 10:11
SirPeterHardingsLovechild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seldomfitforpurpose

The military need look no further than itself for the reason we are in the state of disarray we are in today. We have for years been led by a bunch of incompetent, profligate morons that I would not trust to go to the corner shop to buy a loaf of bread.

Our procurement track record is nothing short of a disgrace and I am struggling to remember anything during my 36 years of service we have ever bought that came in on time, to budget and did "exactly what it says on the tin"

A portion of the blame for the fact that equipment we have is not fit for purpose, equipment we want is late, over budget and over priced or beyond our means may well belong to those in Westminster but the vast majority of the blame lies squarely at the feet of those who wear green/dark blue/light blue.

The world is broke because of the bankers. The country is broke because of Bliar/Broon. The situation the military currently finds itself in lies squarely on the shoulders of the Officer cadre who for years have made inept decision after inept decision committing millions upon millions on projects that have gone tits up almost from day one.

That is why it is only right and proper we take our share of the hurt and hopefully learn from the experience.
Absolutely beautifully put. Do you want that framing?