PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job interview! Arabian Jets
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2010, 23:50
batsky2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I interviewed in Jeddah back in May when they first advertised for the BBJ and G-IV which I fly both and am current in both. I met the CEO and HR Manager. I just happened to be in Jeddah during that time so I called them to see if we could meet and sure enough they picked me up from my hotel and we did an interview, lasted about 45 min., just talked about my experience, and about the company and their plans. They have big plans for lots of growth. My biggest problem with them is the rotation, 3 on 1 off is too long, they asked me what I thought of it and I told them that most people would prefer 2 on 1 off even if it was for a little less money, they were a little suprised by that thinking that people would be ok with 3 on 1 off.

Anyways, I just happen to be in Jeddah during that time so I thought what the heck and called them to see if they would want to interview me while I was there.

I have been based in the Middle East for the past 4 years and I want OUT anyways, too depressing for me, I need a change of the weather every so often, seeing the sun everyday is too boring and depresing for me.

I am taking a position in China, much better than the middle east, better weather, (it rains there every so often), and the food is excellent and cheap, plus I get a better rotation than I have now with more pay than AJ would have paid me to fly the BBJ.

Anyways, AJ sounds solid, it should be ok if you can handle the long rotation, pay could be better too