PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aptitude Tests
Thread: Aptitude Tests
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2010, 19:27
nickyjsmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OASC apt tests.

Hi,
I did the full set of RAF pilot tests through GAPAN a couple of yrs ago. As you can see, i'm no spring chicken and did try to find some practice material.
None of the tests i have seen or tried helped me with the RAF tests. They are looking for something different, they are looking at your multi tasking and decision making ability along with your spaial awareness.
To be honest, i think my nintendo ds did more for me, the brain training and eye training will teach you to see things and trust yourself when making decisions. Get yourself down to an age of 24 or less and you will be used to quick thinking and have learned to trust what you see and think very quickly. Don't cheat, get on the hard level's for everything and it will definately help.
Another little thing, make sure you have eaten and had a drink, it really does help your brain out.
By the way, i got the 6th highest score they had recorded at the time. The only reason i never joined the RAF was i ticked a box for hayfever! You live and learn..

Enjoy.