PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plan A Or Plan B
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2010, 19:15
3 Phase

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be rather cautious about even the word "assist". It is quite a vague term. In my experience, I have heard many stories of "assisting" basically being given a list of companies that you probably already knew about and told to call them. Which obviously you would do anyway! So just do not be convinced by the Universities marketing strategy. I cannot say this is true for all Universities but I do know a few in particular where this is the case.

As for training, either option is expensive. The pilot training is even more so. But I would personally carefully consider itsresidualmate's suggestions. Save the money for training and pilot as a hobby. With a steady, dependable and reliable income where you can afford a decent quality of life and be able to afford your favourite hobby which is flying would be the lifestyle everyone would want!

At the end of the day though, it doesn't matter what anyone says. Your always going to want to follow your dreams and ambitions. If everyone followed advice telling them not to do things, how boring would life turn out? It's why we have these dreams and ambitions in the first place.